Project Tango- Why Google + Lenovo’s Project Tango is the game changer and some key features of the smartphone.
Project Tango is google’s prominent step towards “ 3D worlds” of smartphones. According to Wikipedia, Project Tango is a Google technology platform that uses computer vision to enable mobile devices, such as smartphones and tablets, to detect their position relative to the world around them without using GPS or other external signals.
A new key technology developed by Google, in Product category Mobile 3D technology and the same most popular operating system Android.
As human-computer interaction researcher working at Google’s Project Tango, Johnny Lee said, “We’re developing the hardware and software technologies to help everything and everyone understand precisely where they are, anywhere”, with this statement we can predict what technology it is and what is its scope.
Another key statement related to Tango is “Whether it’s location, indoor navigation, gaming or utility, we wanted to bring all of these capabilities in a device that is readily accessible to consumers,“ said Lenovo VP and General Manager Jeff Meredith.
Here are the key feature of Google + Lenovo’s Project Tango Smart Phone.
- 3D mapping technology that could allow for indoor navigation.
- Price is less than $500.
- Screen size up to 6.5 inches.
- USB 3.0 port
- External memory drive
- Micro USB and Micro HDMI
- Ambient light sensor
- 5 mm Headphone jack
- Micro SD card tray
- Nano SIM card tray
Key features of project tango technology:
Project Tango offers tremendous opportunities in the market for innovation. Application and scope of this 3D mapping technology are unlimited.
Completely new era or Robotics:
- After the successful invention of Project Tango, Robotics will not be limited to research labs. In cheap product cost allows many developers to just try and create what they like to do.
- The gaming industry will completely be shaken by this new innovation, Just think for an instance currently, we have only motion sensors in our smartphones. Due to the motion sensor technology we have such awesome games like GTA, Asphalt, Subway Serfers and many more. Just think if the smartphones are capable of access whole surrounding around you, then game developers will not miss that golden opportunity to entertain you and make some Money.
- The commercial applications like Cab booking can able to serve you better by figuring out your exact location in a better way. Uber, Ola, etc. are eagerly waiting for
- Mapping and navigating applications will give you whole new feeling. No doubt that navigation system will become more intelligent and powerful with Project Tango. This will even improve the applications that uses mapping functionality.
Phone Management Applications:
- You can save your house room’s geographic information within your phone as you change the room phone will change its state automatically. For Example, you are in the living room of your house and suddenly you went to study room. This transition can we detectable by your smart phone and it goes silent automatically.
Food Application and Outlets:
- Who things you could even see fully automated MacDonald or Dominos stores, without even a single human resource. Yes, you Read it right, let us imagine the whole process. You ordered the food on the application then based on the navigation system, GPS and this Tango technology system at MacD predicts and detects your arrival at the store. Finally, at the outlet you can take you fresh, hot and completely hygienic food.
- We can event expect cars can drive automatically. As Tango is able to detect the surrounding, with some other supporting technologies Idea of self-driven cars are possible around the world.
- Most important application of Tango is Security, For instance, Woman Security, if some unexpected number of people are getting close to a woman, applications can able to trigger SOS messages.
- Lockers and Safes are also can be equipped by these technologies and Evert motion could be logged. A new way of security checks could be implemented. I think Banks are happy with the news.:-)